Environmental Stewardship - Sustainable Packaging
1. Packaging Reduction: We will strive to minimise the amount of packaging used for our products. This will be accomplished by designing packaging that uses fewer materials and by seeking to eliminate any unnecessary packaging elements amd we will use the right sized packaging for the job. We will retain the opportunity for people to add Gift packaging for design and creative purposes, but this too will fall into our overriding sustainability principles.
2. Sustainable Materials: We will prioritise the use of sustainable packaging materials. This includes materials that are recycled and recyclable, as well as biodegradable and compostable materials when appropriate. We already have many of these materials in position. Our goal is to reach and maintain 100% of sustainable materials in our packaging. We will use paper as much as possible and all packaging bought or designed by Contrado will be designed with end of life in mind.
3. Supply Chain Engagement: We will work with our suppliers to ensure they are aware of and aligned with our sustainable packaging goals. We will also encourage our suppliers to adopt similar practices in their own operations especially where their deliveries to us can be made more sustainable. Our Purchase Orders will dictate as far as possible the requirements we expect in our deliveries to Contrado,
4. Consumer Education: We recognise that our impact extends beyond just the production and disposal of our packaging. Therefore, we will make efforts to educate consumers via our communications and on the packaging on how to correctly dispose of or recycle our packaging. On our packaging we will inform the recipients as the consumer, that they should recycle the material, use the right bins, and inform general environmental message. We will reinforce the message to end single use plastics.
5. Life Cycle Assessment: We will regularly conduct life cycle assessments of our packaging to understand their environmental impact from production to disposal. The results of these assessments will be used to identify areas for improvement and set specific, measurable targets for reducing our packaging's environmental footprint.
6. Innovation: We are committed to continuous improvement in our packaging sustainability. This includes investing in research and development, piloting new materials and designs, and exploring collaborations with other companies or organisations to advance sustainable packaging solutions. Currently here are Contrado we are testing more compostable materials.
7. Policy Review and Reporting: Our progress towards these sustainable packaging goals will be reviewed regularly by our Leadership. We will also provide transparent reporting to our stakeholders on our progress, challenges, and strategies for improvement.
1. We are committed to respecting and upholding fundamental human rights, ensuring fair labour practices within our own organisation and within our supply chains.
2. We will strive to have a positive impact on the communities where we operate, including community engagement activities, investment in local economies, and respectful treatment of lands and peoples.
3. We will promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued, respected, and able to contribute their best for the business.
1. We will ensure that we conduct our business with integrity, transparency, and accountability.
2. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of corporate governance, including strong oversight, transparency in our policies, and a clear division of responsibilities.
3. We will regularly assess and manage the risks and opportunities associated with ESG factors and integrate them into our long-term strategic planning.
Contrado Imaging Ltd will establish through its Leadership committee to oversee the implementation of this policy. This committee will set specific, measurable goals, monitor progress against these goals, and report to the board and stakeholders regularly.
This policy will be reviewed annually, and updated as necessary, to ensure that it continues to align with legal requirements, industry best practices, and the evolving expectations of our stakeholders.
This version 2.3 Signed off by the MD – 17 July 2023